No announcement yet.

Recall of Slow Release Lithium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, after leaving us to do without SR, it has reappeared. I am wondering if anyone knows of anybody who has taken it. It is called Lithmax and was realease Nov 19 2010 by a Canadian company.
    sorry been away from this forum awhile. No longer have a computer

Comment

Hey Lyxia - great to hear from you again! I'm sorry to hear you have no computer. I hope you can find access to one a little more often; you've been missed!

Regarding the lithium, I know nothing about it. But maybe somebody else around here does.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Lyxia. Great to have you back. In regards to Lithmaxx. It may or may not be a great med. A couple of year ago when the Cdn Patent ran out on Duralith, a Cdn company(APOTEX) started making a generic product under the name , Apo-Lithium Carbonate SR 300.

The following is the recall notice by health Cda: "Apotex Inc., in collaboration with Health Canada, wishes to advise health care professionals that a recall of Apo-Lithium Carbonate SR 300 mg strength tablets was initiated on 20 October 2009 due to stability issues which may have had an impact on the quality of the product".

Since then I know that , Apotex has started another company called AA Pharma. AA Pharma gets at least some of it's supply of medications from Apotex. Since AA pharma has started selling Lithmax, it has been recalled voluntarily at least once for guess what? " Stability problems".

According to AA Pharma website it was first released in Jan 2011 and re -released on Dec 21st. They make no mention of when it was recalled, but I know it was as my pharmacist told me.

So after consultation with my pharmicist, I have decided to continue with the regular lithium and let others play guinea pig until Apotex/AA Pharma gets their act sorted out.

Talk with your pharmacist and see what he/she has to say about it. Perhaps they have finally gotten the manufacteuring issues under control. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

hi paul,
          oh yes i know all those technicalities and I won't even go on it. I'm pretty persistant with keeping the same medications. I was wondering about guinea pigs looool. I say it won't last like the other did not. It is afterall too unstable....

Comment

Working...
          X