Clear All

What small letters?
    Woody

Comment

here you go...
      Attached Files
      Anne.

Comment

Good ones Anne and Woody. I got a chuckle out of that and I can always use a chuckle. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Sometimes reading glasses and magnifying glasses don't help. Maybe I need a telescope.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

reading glasses or telescope?

hmmm

nope .... BIGGER monitor
            Woody

Comment

Yeah Woody

With that teeny, tiny font you must be eating a lot of carrots or using child labour to type your posts.

Either way, I'm betting that you are a lot younger than me!!!

Comment

Hello Woody. The last monitor I had was already big enough, he used to beat me up. Or are you talking about this screen thingy in front of me?

Hello Leila63. I thought when I signed up I wouldn't have to show my birth certificate, I was afraid they would confuse my mental instability with senility. I'm 55 and I would not presume to ask you if you are older or younger than that.

By the way Leila63, Usually I try and congratulate someone when they go through a milestone, for some reason I missed you,so congrats on 116 posts . I would like to say that for someone who just started posting on forums, you have contributed very well. I know how nerve wracking my first 200 or so posts were(on another forum). Keep typing and Take Care. paul m
                Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks pail m about the number of posts and your gratefully received comments about the content. I hadn't noticed myself.

However if you look at my contribution to 1 line groaners in the Sand box you might want to dial back on that!!!

Comment

Carrot diet was a bust.... on both fronts and fonts
                    Woody

Comment

Hello Leila63. I do consider all contributions . Sometimes the hardest part about posting is not knowing how others will react.

I used to think I was a thread killer. I'd post and then nobody would ever post to that thread again. Very hard until you attain the experience to realize that it's just the nature of the medium and not something that I have or have not said.

BTW, I am not really writing this part for you. You've already gotten on to posting very well. But for all relativey junior posters who may worry about what they may say. Nobodies going to judge you, don't panic if nobody replies to a post, sometimes we cannot mentally. Sometimes we have no time. Just keep posting. Everybodies words are important.

Tell me Leila63, do you think that your maturity on the forums came about because your old? There I go again, killing another thread . Hello Leila, if you are still reading, I was just kidding about your age. Take Care. paul m
                      Helen Keller

Comment

Hi paul m,

Maturity can come at any age. I think I'm clinging to the idea that maturity is conferred with age so I can ignore the other stuff like needing reading glasses and getting tendinitis in the shoulder.

See, I must be old if I'm complaining about my physical ailments.

My new years resolution is to get back in shape. The inactivity while titrating up on Lamictal did a number on my bod but then again I wouldn't be doing as well mentally without. I guess it is a good trade off.

Comment

I bought a little something at a small shop in a quaint little town, and got to talking to the sales clerk. In the course of the conversation she said, 'when you get to be my age, everything hurts and nothing works.' It was funny, even though thankfully not everything hurts.
                          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                          for not being what they believe they should be.
                          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Leila63. I am already in shape. Round is a shape.

Complaining about our ailments is often all that my spouse and I have to talk about in the evening.

I do wish you well on your New Years resolution. It's a worthy goal.Take Care. paul m

Hello AJ. I like that. Most of my stuff still works, just not always when or how it's suppposed to . Take Care. paul m
                            Helen Keller

Comment

Hello Everyone. Here is a follow up story in regards to drug dispensing machines. http://www.healthzone.ca/health/news...sks-on-the-way .

It seems as if final approval is just a little ways away. Initially they are to be used in ER's and remote communities only. It also shows a picture and explains a little more. Wanna bet they'll be all over soon not just in ER's?

Peter Suma, the CEO of the company that make these machines claims " the machines already in place have dispensed drugs for thousands of prescriptions without issue or mistake".

That sort of claim worries me. Not one single mistake or issue, I hate to call a man I don't know a liar, but anytime you have automated machines, be they gas pumps or bank machines or pop machinces, there are always some issues. Even if the issue is just people misunderstanding the instructions.

Perhaps the most important statement is by Dennis Darby, CEO of the Ontario Pharmacists' Association who sez, "a kiosk like this won't know whether you're on a number of medications" .

So we have a CEO who appears less than truthfull, a CEO of the OPA who doesn't think there a good idea and us. Nobody has asked us what we thought. Perhaps I am just jealous. Someone is going to make big money off of this and I know I'm not going to save any or get better service. Take Care. paul m
                              Last edited by paul m; February 1, 2010, 09:17 AM.
                              Helen Keller

Comment

Love your piter pater back and forth.....makes one feel at home here...

Comment

Working...
                                X