No announcement yet.

Prescription drug kiosks get OK in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Just Me. Please join the Piter Pater. We like the company . Well we like your company anyways, whether your asking questions or just having a bit of fun. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Of coarse there not going to talk about the glitches
      Woody

Comment

Who do I sue if I touch Avodart (prostate drug) and give birth to a child with birth defects? (Although giving birth at my age seems unlikely I admit.)

I can see some potential for lawsuits here though. Hmmmmm.

Comment

Hello Leila63. I agree there may be some glitches. If these machines take over the industry and appear everywhere putting normal stores out of business then I have two potential nightmares.

1st, I have stupidly let my meds run low and it is friday night on a holiday weekend and I discover the machinces in my area all have malfunctioned. I am now facing a lovely long weekend with my meds all sudden stopped . What a disaster.

2nd I have became reincarnated with my wife and we are again in our early 20's, enjoying life and ready to go away on a romantic long weekend that only the young can have. She sez, we have to stop by the machine and fill my perscription .It's out of order, now that would be a nightmare. Take Care. paul m
          Helen Keller

Comment

My old pharmacy, a few time they ran out. They gave me the option to take what they had now or come back tomorrow for the complete prescription.

My biggest concern is who fills these machines? I do not know all the working behind the counter, but if my observations are correct, the tech puts the prescription together and the pharmacist checks it over and give his OK.
            When I ran the warehouse, we had pickers that would pull the parts for the customer and the shipper would double check the order before shipping. (ISO...) Who is double checking?

Woody

Comment

Another Star Trek reference.

Data is checking.

Comment

Good One Leila63. Take Care. paul m

Woody. Are you telling me that you don't believe what the head of the company said. The machines had never made a mistake . If a bank machine can miscount money, which is all the same size and shape, I agree with you, who is going to double ck.

My guess is that it will all come prepacked. You need 50 pills to take as needed, sorry sir it's 30 or 60. Just a guess, but it's like asking a bank machine for a roll of toonies and 2 rolls of loonies instead of 5x20's.

I really cannot see this being a positive step. Take Care. paul m
                Helen Keller

Comment

Good one Leila

Paul, like any dispensing machine, if you put Coke where the 7UP should be, things are not going to go so good. The article does not answer part of the process.

I would go with blister packs of 6 or 10 or something of that nature.
                  Woody

Comment

I agree with you Woody. I've had box store pharnacies hand me the wrong meds, so I can imagine that the employees handling the machine are going to make even more mistakes. Cutting out the person who rings in the sale will not save much money. They will have to save in other ways too and that will be the problem. Take Care. paul m
                    Last edited by paul m; February 9, 2010, 01:32 AM.
                    Helen Keller

Comment

How is a machine going to help you when your doctor screws up the prescription (which mine regularly does) and who will call your doctor's office. I think we all should picket this company's office.

Comment

You guys are so funny

I always thought the worse thing about a dispensing machine was when I wanted salt and vinegar chips ( press B2) and got plain chips because I pressed C2 instead

Oh, and of course when the dreaded sold out light comes on after I put my money in and the machine is such a piece of crap that it won't give my money back so I have to choose diet coke instead of my beloved diet pepsi, can you imagine the sold out item coming on for your mood stabiler med and having to select another med!!!!

Karen
                        Take Care,
                        Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
                        "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Hello Leila63. Maybe you will get lucky and when the machine screws up you'll get another product worth twice as much.

However I agree with you, how are they going to sort out the screwups? Take Care. paul m

Hello Karen. Diet pepsi. , I only like diet water . Please make another selection might work out. Couldn't be any worse than some of the stupid choices some shrinks have picked for me over the years.Take Care. paul m
                          Helen Keller

Comment

diet pepsi has been my BF for s long time now, so sad I know. I think I am immune to the caffeine because it actullay relaxes me. I am a big water drinker too though.

I have read some threads and realized I there are some fellow Star Trek lovers here.

I love Voyager, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis (explains my user name) and of course Captain Kurk, Spock and Scotty. My husband is not a Star trek fan but he would watch Voyager with me and I thought it was so nice of him to show an interest. Although I think he watched it to see Seven of Nine rather than him actually liking the series
                            Too funny hey!
                            Take Care,
                            Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
                            "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Hello Alantis. I like Sci Fi, and watched them all including battleship Galatecia and some older than that. If your husband has to watch a show there are worse reasons for tuning in. Of course I meant so that he could spend time with you. Take Care. paul m
                              Helen Keller

Comment

I'm not a super sci-fi buff but do enjoy some. The phrase I really love, and have been known to use at work some days, is "Beam me up Scotty!" (please!) ....I accidentally typed in "bean me" just now; maybe that would work just as well!
                                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                                X