Lithium facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Karen.

I was very irritable today. I think it is the heat. Had to break down and take a tranquilizer. Oh well, still doesn't take away from the fact that I generally feel good.

Just need to take my deep breaths today.

Comment

I had a very "irritable" week...My pdoc increased my wellbutrin to 300 mg and i am having some irritability with the dose increase, but I am sure this will pass...I have been on this med before and it has always helped me...

Maybe i need a tranquilizer too
      Take Care,
      Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
      "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

*tosses tranquilizers in the middle of the forum*

Med changes are times I fear the bubble will pop. Generally I'm wrong and it ends up being my anxiety about the change that sends me a bit squirrely.

Oh, and the heat. I seem to be overheated now more than I used to. That gets be incredibly irritable. RAWR!
        Wishing you well,
        Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

Please send some heat to NL, our summer has not started yet...Like I need another reason to be irritated, I can find enough things to be irritated about in the run of a day, without the help of the weather
          Take Care,
          Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...

Comment

speaking of being irritated... I cannot stand being around myself! since saturday, something just "snapped" and I'm as pissy as can be! everything my son said or did, or something on tv, or just nothing piss me off and send me into rage.

thankfully I see my pdoc tomorrow!

eesh.......

Anne.
            Anne.

Comment

HI Anne,

That's sounds awful. I'm sorry to hear your going through that. Hopefully your visit at your Pdoc's will be helpful.
              Wishing you well,
              Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

Hello Anne. I hope your doc can be of help. Take Care. paul m
                "Alone we can do so little;
                Together we can do so much"
                Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Anne, let us know what your doc thinks, and I hope you feel better today,

I hate the feeling when everything in my day irritates me, it makes for a long, horrible day...
                  Take Care,
                  Karen

Comment

Anne....I hope you find some relief. It isn't fun being irritable. I have been irritable off and on for the last three days. However, the pdoc called and it looks like my thyroid is acting up due to the lithium so I think I found the reason.

Good luck.
                    Tracey

Comment

sigh...
                      I'm still real pissy today... and the worst thing happened at the pdoc's office.
                      he upped my zoloft to 50mg again because he says that the irritation and anxiety and all other symptoms are depression coming through.
                      as I sit there in his office with tears in my eyes telling him I'm ready to jump off the sidewalk and right into traffic and that I don't want to make it home, he smiles at me and says "good luck and have a good summer... see you in september!"
                      it turns out he'll be off the whole month of august. so if there's any issue, I have to call his nurse and she will decide if I need to see another pdoc.

I wish I didn't have to deal with these highs and lows anymore... they're totally draining me.

Anne.
                      Anne.

Comment

oh yeah... and because of it all, I can't go to New Brunswick. yay.
                        Anne.

Comment

Hi Anne,
                          I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time.
                          I've been dealing with a lot of irratibility and anxiety as well and today was prescribed Buspar by my GP, - I've tried it before but quit because of a side-effect, but I will try to give it a better chance to work this time.

My pdoc basically did the same thing - saw him for the first time for 20-30 minutes, he prescibed my meds and he said to ask for the next available appointment on my way out.....next available in this case is Nov. 30. WTF is that???

Why aren't you able to go to NB?
                          sending hugs
                          Stormy

Comment

Hello Anne. It's tough when your doc isn't very helpful. I know you don't have much other support either so that makes it doubly tough, but don't jump off of the sidewalk just yet. Hopefully the increase in meds might help, if not than phone the pnurse and try and get to see another pdoc.

Hang in there Anne. Take Care. paul m
                            "Alone we can do so little;
                            Together we can do so much"
                            Helen Keller

Comment

for you Anne. I'm appalled at how your pdoc brushed your troubles off. Are you usually on good terms, or would seeing a different one help? Maybe you could get in sooner with someone else, if that's what you wanted.

I'm sorry to hear that the NB trip is now out; I know you were really hoping to go.
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Guys. I just need to vent a little. Although I have been doing well lately, I am suffering with side effects. I have been pretty good at putting up with them but they are starting to get to me. In particular my thyroid is acting up. I was told that my last 3 blood tests showed that it was low BUT not low enough to warrant a fix. I have to wait it out until it gets worse. So, I am nauseated every day, dizzy and light headed. Yesterday I could barely move. I took a Gravol but that didn't really help. It is slowly wearing me down and I can feel tears of frustration coming. How come when I find a medication that finally works, I have to have these symptoms too?

Well, thanks for letting me vent.

Frustrated.
                                Tracey

Comment

Working...
                                X