Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke my right hand today, but the one good thing is I could have broken more than one bone.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. I hope that you have a speedy recovery. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Paul.
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

AJ, I'm sorry to hear you broke your hand - that can't be fun to deal with! I agree that one broken bone is better than several though. I hope it heals quickly. Are you right handed?
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

One good thing is that the big snowfall that's supposed to hit isn't here yet! Cloud and rain today instead. Yay! - sort of
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Tomorrow here. My neighbours have already volunteered.
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank heaven for neighbours sometimes! I'm glad yours are helpful.

Our snow here is falling as I write this, and should continue most of tomorrow. I've reconciled myself to the fact. Today's good thing, believe it or not, was that I cleared some of the early snowfall off my car, and shoveled the walk to get a small head start. Then I went for a wonderful walk -- for 55 minutes as it turned out. The temperature was minus 9 with some wind, but I dressed for it. Didn't have to share the sidewalk or walking trail with many people!
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

It is cold here with a very strong north wind. Even Bella did not want to go out.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

We've got mega snow already and it just keeps coming! The good thing is my landlord used his snowblower on the sidewalk today and says he'll come back tomorrow if this keeps
                    up.
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I did some family history research today. Found an old census listing with info about a relative I never knew much about. Fascinating!
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That would be fascinating. I know next to nothing about one side of my family.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

AJ it's astounding how many people know very little about one side or another of their family. It propels some people into researching, while others want nothing to do with it. I've found with my own family there are some of us who can't get enough of the history. Others say (like my one brother-in-law) "why do want to bother with a bunch of dead people you've never met?" It's a valid question. Who knows why are any of us interested in any of our hobbies?!

A good thing today is I got into moving stuff around on some shelves, found a pile of things that needed chucking, and now my old income tax forms are in the "to be shredded" box (with a few hundred other papers). When the actual shredding will happen is anybody's guess! But we may have a long dark pandemic winter where shredding starts to look exciting
                          Last edited by uni; November 14, 2020, 05:04 PM.
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I have made a few inquiries about the mystery side of the family, but have very little to go on.

Happy shredding and don't burn the shredder motor out!
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today's good thing is I had a nice Zoom meeting with a friend of mine. It was fun!
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

It's our birthday on the 29th, so my twin and I are going to have our morning coffee over zoom! I'd rather see her in person, but we do the best we can.

Does anyone know why it's called Zoom? I've wondered
                                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                                X