No announcement yet.

Sleeping Meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Just Me. I suspect that the constipation is caused by not drinking enough water. Most people who take lithium suffer from the opposite of constipation.

Water is also known as the cheapest laxitive around.(honest, drink lots) Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Just Me,
      You're right, constipation sucks...
      I'm hoping it will go away soon
      Take Care,
      Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
      "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Went for blood today so will see what the results are in a day or two. Passed pdoc as going in but he was on his way out.
        I'm drinking more water along with stool softners and medimusil so things are starting to calm down. Walking too so think that helps, some tired today so slept in my chair for an hr. Still tired but things seem to be improving.
        Just found out I'm losing another friend to cancer, so many of them in the past two yrs. So BP is not too bad when you come right down to it.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, cancer is a horrible disease
          Take Care,
          Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...

Comment

Hello Just Me. Glad things are working a bit better. You are right that there are things that are worse than bipolar. Sorry about your loss. Take Care. paul m
            "Alone we can do so little;
            Together we can do so much"
            Helen Keller

Comment

Just Me sorry to hear your friend has terminal cancer.
              AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
              for not being what they believe they should be.
              -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Here it is another day and I got a call from pdoc's office and they are lowering my Lamotrigine,the luitum was at the right dose. Then blood end of June.
                Home today as preparing for a colonoscopy for tomorrow so won't be constapated lol They are doing a lot of test on me lately so guess that is good.
                Still tired and lots of shakiness inside yesterday. It was like I didn't want to do anything and even though I didn't have much to do it was there. Sometimes it gets to the point I want to gag. Does anyone get that?

Comment

Hello JustMe. I am sorry to hear about your friend, that's very sad. I guess we ought to count our blessings.

You mention a colonoscopy, feeling tired and shaky, and wanting to gag. I've gone through all of the above. The docs were trying to figure out why I had such nausea most of the time. It turned out to be related to my nerves in general.

Apparently there is a large nerve which runs directly from the brain to the stomach, and it was all intertwined with my depression. It appears I'm stuck with this. But now at least I know what I'm dealing with. Is this at all helpful to you or am I totally off-base?
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend Just Me
                    Woody

Comment

Uni
                      That is what I was talking about....didn't know there was a nerve ran from brain to your stomach ...but sounds logical. I know it's my nerves just thought with meds it would dissappear.
                      The colonoscope found nothing so that is good but she is worried about my liver count because of meds so have like three more blood test. Also want me to loose weight when the new drugs put it on .....can't win for trying.

Comment

Hi Just Me,
                        When you say the drugs caused weight gain, do you mean lithium? I have put on a few pounds since starting the lithium and I find I am bloated.

I'm glad to hear nothing showed up on your colonoscopy and I hope your stomach feels better .
                        Take Care,
                        Karen

Comment

Yeah it is the lithuim but so far it hasn't put on weight but then it is only a couple wks.

Comment

Working...
                          X