X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info

Comment

You're welcome .
      I had my first blood work done this morning to check my lithium blood serum level. I have a pdoc appt on Thursday, I'll let you know what the doc says about my bloodwork..

Are you having your bloodwork done too?
      Take Care,
      Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
      "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Hello Just Me. Please don't worry about making mistake when posting. I've made them all. Nobody has ever sent me an angry or upset message because I made an honest mistake.

It can be confusing knowing where to post, but again, don't worry to much about that. Please also to feel free to start new threads for topics in places other than the sandbox.

For example if ou had a question about whether Yoga had worked well for anybody, you could start a new thread in the General Subjects section under "Treatments" or under the "Bipolar" section or for that matter the "depression section" . Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Paul ... you do not volunteer at my local library do you?
          Last week I was looking for information on meditation and they had me looking on the first floor ... then on the second ... then on the third floor.

Good luck with the blood test!
          Woody

Comment

Um... I might be a bit delayed in my posting but... well, I get like that.

The nausea and other digestive wonders from meds were a huge problem for me. Eventually I got so frustrated that I added bran muffin to my evening walk. I also carry a gravol pill with me should I begin sweating profusely while on public transit. I have only needed it once but it gave me confidence to be packed in a crowded public vehicle.

I don't know about otehrs but my adjustment to lithium and the bloodwork has gidted me with not be spooked by needles. See, there is a bright side to being poked every few weeks

And, as for being new on the forum. I just wander around on here and if I get keyboard slapped by Woody, then I'll learn from the redirection. It is nice to be a part of such a knowledgeable and caring group.
            Wishing you well,
            Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
              Paul ... you do not volunteer at my local library do you?
              Last week I was looking for information on meditation and they had me looking on the first floor ... then on the second ... then on the third floor.
              You are funny, funny, funny
              Take Care,
              Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...

Comment

Yes I am suppose to have blood work next wk after two wks on.....today was a pretty good day...got out and the knott in my stomach wasn't as bad. Still don't want to eat much but make myself.
                As for the gravel I can't take it because of one of the drugs I'm on. Never did ask what else I could take. When I take my pills I eat something first then take them and eat something after and so far it has worked with my other drugs and this one too it seems.

Comment

Hello Woody. My library has only one floor, but if someone upset me I would not be above suggesting they try the second floor, the stairwell being over in the far corner. (just to watch them wander around looking for a stairwell on a single floor building) Take Care. paul m
                  Helen Keller

Comment

Re-O ... those are just mouse tickles

Paul, I am just happy they did not send me to the basement!
                    Woody

Comment

Hi Just Me,
                      i had my blood work done...My lithium level is only 0.4, so the doc increased my dose to 900 mg from 600 mg...I have to get blood work done again next week...I hope the side effects don't get worse with the increase in the dose.

How have you been feeling?
                      Take Care,
                      Karen

Comment

Hello Karen. About those side effects, I'll just say that eventually they should get better. Don't give up hope until you have been in the theraputic range for a while. Take Care. paul m

Hello Just Me. I hope the lithium works for you. Take Care. paul m
                        Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Paul,
                          It's nice to have some encouragement . I almost gave up on the lithium last weekend but I am glad now that i didn't because the side effects are starting to become tolerable..
                          And I am hoping that in another few weeks my body will adjust to the new med and the side effects will eventually go away.
                          If not, i'll just have to buy to super big bottle of moisturizer at costco and start bathing in it once a week to help with my dry skin
                          Take Care,
                          Karen

Comment

Great idea! Bathing in Mosterizer! I once had to bath a dog in tomato juice and that looked like fun. Well, for me at least. I imagine the tub would be slippery though so make sure you get those sticky grips for the bottom of the tub.

One trick I picked up when on transit and adjusting to lithium was to make sure I had bottled watter on me. Well, not on me but with me. When I started feeling "off", a sip would ground me until I was on land again.
                            Wishing you well,
                            Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

Atlantis
                              The night before lots of anxiety in my sleep and awake every hr.....last night was better as slept in. The constipation sucks though and taking everything I can for it.
                              Hope you sail threw the increase as no fun starting again. Guess I didn't realize you had to have a certain level in your system....guess I'll find out what mine is this wk coming....hoping to get leveled out as going away in May....here's hoping.
                              Take care

Comment

Re-o
                                Thanks for the tip on the water, I usually carry it with me but didn't know it would make a diff other then they say drink lots of water.

Comment

Working...
                                X