New Lifestyle change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only feel like an idiot when...

I can't spell my name right when signing something. A word that I should know, that I've known before is meaningless. Not being able to find a word, and having to describe it's meaning instead. What I want to order at a restaurant right after I close the menu. Wandering around a parking lot looking for my car. Forgetting someone's name that I'm trying to introduce to others. Talking to my sister on the phone, and not remembering her kids names. Not being able to follow a conversation. Not remembering something I did 2 minutes ago and not remembering something I have to do, 2 minutes after the thought. I could go on, but you get the idea.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Karen,

I remember when I started taking topirimate I was researching it and I found an article that said something like:

Topamax, sometimes called the "california drug" because it makes you skinny and stupid...

I think of that line every time I take it and wish it would hurry up and make me skinny because the stupid came in spades.

AJ,

my biggest I feel like an idiot when is opening the cupboard or walking into the pantry and forgetting why.

Rebecca
      Rebecca

Comment

Names

The stupid thing is that I will remember shit from 5 ~ 10 ~ 15 years ago like it was yesterday but stuff that I should know now
        Woody

Comment

The walking around the parking lot looking for my car is very frustrating...My work parking lot is small enough that everyone can see me wandering around aimlessly but big enough that I can never find that darn car...I know the solution, i need a bigger car, like those ones they had back in the 70's, we used to call them sleds...I mean I have a toyota Yaris, it's so small, i can hardly see it in my driveway
          Take Care,
          Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
          "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

I was just about to post an example of feeling like an idiot, then the phone rang and guess what... gone. Drat.
            Last edited by uni; June 9, 2010, 02:08 PM. Reason: I forget haha
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks for making me laugh Uni
              Take Care,
              Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...

Comment

I do so hate when my memory is like swiss cheese... which is all the darned time!!

Anne.
                Anne.

Comment

lol Uni, very funny

As for me, I am constantly forgeting what I planned to do. So, I stand there looking confused until finally the gears slowly begin moving again. And I mean slowly. I have even had it happen at Timmies. I order the same coffee all the time.

The other frustrating part is how many times I have to go back in the house because I forgot something. Even though I leave all my daily stuff in the same area. I live in a building and that elevator has a mind of it's own some days.
                  Wishing you well,
                  Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

Atlantis, you need something like a K-40 CB antenna on top of your car, that way you will be able to see it from just about anywhere in the parking lot
                    Woody

Comment

Breaker breaker, any takers? Very old CB line .

Re-O, try living in a walk-up like me. Only 2 flights but even so, the more often I forget something, the better the exercise. p.s. doesn't everybody live in a building ? Sorry, couldn't resist.
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

No we don't all live in buildings Uni, I live in a house

Re-O, i thought your joke about the coffee was quite funny, even funnier was the fact that I never got the joke until i read your post for the second time a day later, but I don't mind laughing at myself too

Woody, I have the antenna ball in the pic below on my car now...Although I am a big fan of Jack Skeleton and he matches my black car nicely, i can see i am going to have to get a flashing neon orange antenna ball, or the K-40

Take Care,
                        Karen

Comment

Hello Uni. I live in a house. I will think I left something in the basement, go there and realize it must be upstairs (second floor) . So one flight down, two back up to retrive item and one flight back down to get back to start.Repeat multiple times a day. You would think I would be thinner by now. Take Care. paul m
                          "Alone we can do so little;
                          Together we can do so much"
                          Helen Keller

Comment

Hi all - I've got to share a forgetful moment.

setting: Shopping mall with a Walmart.

After spending time in the mall I went to Walmart as my car was parked closest to to it. Well I went to the cashier and waited in a rather long line-up and was grumbling and griping about how slow the line was moving and how short-staffed they were. After about 15 minutes of waiting line, I remembered that I hadn't made any purchases.

I had walked into the Walmart from the mall, went and stood in line for 15 minutes without having picked anything up to buy, just for kicks.

Storm
                            Stormy

Comment

Storm, I think you are the winner!!! That one is HILARIOUS...

Thanks for making me laugh
                              Take Care,
                              Karen

Comment

LOL I like the Ball

Storm, that is what I call planning head
                                Woody

Comment

Working...
                                X