Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate the friends that I have that I can just pick up where we left off no matter how long its been.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Well I'm sort of digging in the latest pile of newly fallen snow (April 19th and yet here we are, and it's still coming down ) looking for a good thing to post!

Maybe the fact that the white snow looks so beautiful on the pine tree outside my window. And maybe ticks are being snuffed out - yes! But in truth today's good thing was that a friend of mine picked me up and we went to a movie. It wasn't exactly an uplifting movie, as it turned out, but nevertheless entertaining, thought provoking, well acted, with beautiful Irish scenery. It's called "The Banshees of Inisherin" starring Colin Farrell. I'd almost call it a black comedy for lack of a better term, and don't recommend it if you're feeling depressed. However, I may not have gone out today at all if my friend hadn't suggested it, so for me it was a win
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I haven't seen that movie Uni. Time with a friend out of the house can shift things for the better.

I've been visiting family and finally got home tonight. My one good thing is sleeping in my own bed tonight.
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm glad you got to go visit family AJ, It's good to hear you returned home safely to your own comfy bed. Travel and visits to family can tire a person out.

I got to do something different recently that as you say shifted things for the better. I went to an event involving speakers who have overcome addiction obstacles. I felt truly inspired by them, and went home feeling very fortunate to have been spared certain experiences in my life. I ran into a couple of people there I know through family and it was a nice bit of serendipity to end up sitting at the same table and visiting with them
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I like having unexpected visits with people when I’m out and about. Our local post office is the towns visiting station with neighbours.
            Covid stopped all that socializing, but people are starting to gather again.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today's good thing is the forest fire smoke we've been getting has dissipated, at least for now. I can look forward to my walks again!
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

My one good thing is an appreciation of modern medicine. Salbutamol (Ventolin) makes breathing in all this smoke much easier.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm glad you have something that helps with breathing the smoky air AJ. The smoke has returned here, but not as badly. In fact I just enjoyed a 42 minute walk, one of today's good things
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I came on here just to make myself find one good thing that's happened in the last 24 hours. Sometimes I need to stop and remind myself not to take stuff for granted.

So after giving it some thought, I've come up with several things I'd pretty much overlooked because they aren't out of the ordinary.. First, although I woke up in a bit of a funk, it lessened as the day went on. Secondly, I had a good sleep last night. Third, I had a 12-step support group meeting last night that did me the world of good. All in all, that's a lot of good things to be grateful for - cool!
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That’s a great outlook on things Uni.

My one good thing today is cooler temperatures to work outside.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm glad you got to work outside without sweltering AJ

Today's good thing is microwaveable leftovers in my stuffy place. I've got the air conditioner taped up due to smoke entering, and it's been hot outside.​
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

A good thing today: I got a new couch moved in. It's one my sister had and only used occasionally. She's moving and wanted rid of it. My previous one was really good quality but after 20 years it was becoming a bit saggy, although the young couple I gave it to are thrilled to have it, so that's good. So there are wins all around!
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Most things we no longer want or need can be passed on to someone who will find a purpose for them.

I remember being 20 fresh out of University with no money to speak of. Someone on the floor above the apartment I was going to rent was giving furniture away in a move out. When you're exhausted and broke you're not fussy about what the couch looks like, or how small the bed is.

My one good thing today is getting the lawn mowed before the rain didn't come. LOL
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Congrats on getting the lawn mowed AJ, rain or no rain! Also your remarks about appreciating used goods remind me of moving out of and into places as a young adult - a lot of furniture etc. traded hands!

uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

One good thing for today is that we got a big fat soaking with pouring rain - finally! The vegetation was getting thirsty. I hope the forest fires got some too.
                                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                                X