Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is good news uni. I have my umbrella ready, ever hopeful.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

A good thing is we have a new coffee shop in town and it's open Saturdays with free parking - yay! Took advantage of it for coffee with a friend today
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

One good thing that I appreciate today was the clear skies and warm weather. I especially enjoy the ability to sit outside and bask in the sun in a peaceful environment. I am reminded that in other communities, under the same sky, they are not as fortunate to be stationary without the risk of harm/danger.

Comment

One good thing is a quiet Sunday for me after a very busy month, to slow down and putter at whatever I feel like puttering at! I am also enjoying hearing the birds outside.
          "The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering." ~ Ben Okri ~

Comment

Warm days, clear skies, slowing down, puttering.... all sound lovely!

My good thing today is I've returned from my trip safe and sound, and caught up on my sleep. One of those trips you come home from to take a rest!
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

One good thing today - another chance to appreciate the opportunity of life

Comment

One good thing was that I was not in the path of the tornado that hit Alberta.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today is a day for self care. One good thing to accomplish that goal is no housework or yard work.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm glad you weren't in the tornado area AJ! I saw videos and it looked really bad.
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

A good thing is that I got to sleep late today. Sometimes my sleep is really off, and I needed extra rest.
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Oh what a treat to have a little sleep in. My four legged furry friend would nix that idea.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

In the last 24 hours I've had a good thing or two occur despite feeling inexplicably low the last few days.

Today I took myself to visit a seasonal business, an old historic building that sells knick-knacks and serves a bit of food and drink. The weather was cool and breezy so I sat inside near a window, drank a bit of coffee and did some writing. In the course of this, a group of people came in and one of them walked over to me and said hello. It turned out to be someone I knew from a mental health group that existed years ago. So we caught up a bit, which was very nice. It was sort of inspiring to know that we've come through some tough stuff and are still in the game.

Another positive was the downpour of rain (albeit brief) that we had here a little while ago. Everything needs moisture around here, so I'm thankful. Also it cooled things down a bit, which suits me fine.
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks for sharing a good thing or two here Uni. It sounds like the kind of day I would like to be adding to my one good thing...
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks for sharing Uni,

That sounds like a lovely day!

One good thing for me this week has been a good friend who has been available a lot to support me and offer advice as I am in the midst of some job hunting activities.
                              "The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering." ~ Ben Okri ~

Comment

My one good thing for today is celebrating Mother nature giving us a wee bit of rain.
                                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                                X