Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Uni. It drives me crazy when I 'misplace' something.

It sounds like your appt. gave you some insight in how best to interact with family. A very useful thing to know in my opinion.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Indeed it has been good to gain more insight. I guess every family has its own unique dynamic. Mine seems to feed on dysfunctional interaction with a side of enmeshment, and drama for dessert.
      Anyway, I'm paying more attention to what triggers my unpleasant feelings, and my own part in family interactions.

My friendly neighbourhood psychologist informs me that about 60% of issues in a relationship never get resolved, you just learn to live with them. Hence my lowering of expectations

Aside from the good thing of educating myself about the above, I had a meeting today with a group involved in mental health and addictions where I live. I've mentioned MDSC to them but they have enough other irons in the fire. In any case, I learned a bit about patient rights and responsibilities in hospital. Next up, emails to the health ministry - eventually. After more discussion.

I'm not much on council meetings and bureaucracy, but I'll take my turn and hope it does a bit of good.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That’s interesting that you mention lowering expectations with family. I try to focus on the best strategy for coping. It seems to keep my head from getting stuck in the what if and how comes.

Keep us posted on your tango with bureaucracy!
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Good thing today -- I went to a poetry reading and out for coffee after. The poet is a farmer from our area. His stuff is relatable and down to earth, with a bit of humour added.. Very enjoyable! And getting to have coffee afterward with a super good friend I don't get to see enough - priceless
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That sounds like a great way to spend a day Uni.

My one good thing is being rescued by a neighbour with a bobcat with a snow shovel on it. So sweet of him to dig me out of the driveway!
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Sounds like you got a pile of snow! Gotta love March. I'm glad you have a neighbour who helps you out, that can make such a difference.

Today's good thing was that I got to attend a meeting where I met a few new people. My world is getting a little larger again
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I enjoy meeting new people. It sounds like you enjoyed meeting a few new earthlings at the meeting. Good for you for being open to it.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm trying to be more open to things in general since the pandemic, as some of the activities/places I used to like have been altered or disappeared completely.

Today I forced myself to go clothes shopping, not one of my favourite activities. I bought one item out of the ten I took into the change room . But the best thing is I ran into a friend I haven't seen for ages, ever since she started doing shift work. So if I hadn't prodded myself to get into that store I would have missed a lovely chat, complete with hugs. Love serendipity!
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Personally I’d rather clean out a chicken coup than shop, but I’ll chat with a friend anytime.
                    it sounds like it turned out with a visit you enjoyed Uni.
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today's good thing is I had a nice one-on-one phone call with a family member I usually only see at group events. Also a good thing - I'm writing this at 7:20 pm and it's still light outside!
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That sounds like good day Uni.

Today I was on the road, in good weather!
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Good for you AJ! I hope you enjoyed the drive.

Today's good thing is that I had feared an altercation with a relative, but it didn't happen - whew!
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I'm glad that didn't happen Uni.

My one good thing for the week is that when it snows it melts and I haven't had to shovel.

AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today's good thing is that I sent three texts to people who haven't been on my radar much lately. I know they have busy lives but I don't want to lose touch completely, as we are supports to each other at difficult times and it's important to connect when times are good too. So far I've had a reply from one of them, and we brought each other up to speed and plan to have a chat soon. I think the other two are busy with family and Easter, but I think I'll hear back at some point. In any case, it feels good to send the connection out there!
                              Last edited by uni; April 8, 2023, 11:18 PM. Reason: Pressed the wrong computer key and posted too soon!
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Yes it gives joy to always keep in touch with people, especially the ones we have met significantly in our journey of life

Comment

Working...
                                X