Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad to hear you got some rain AJ. I'm sure it's appreciated by many!

Today's good thing is that I managed to get groceries for a sick friend. My mood has been crap, I injured myself minorly a few days back, and I have minimal energy. Summer and heat don't seem to agree with me, to put it mildly. However, I knew it was a good thing all around to do the grocery run; at least I felt useful to another human being.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni. I’m sorry to hear that things have been difficult. The endless heat and being in pain would certainly not help
      anyone’s mood.

Good for you for picking up groceries for your friend. I’m sure they appreciated it. Doing something for someone else helps to give me a break from my own struggles, with mood or anything else in life for that matter.

I know you have a tool box you can dig into. What self care things are on the agenda for today?
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks for your reply AJ, I apologize for taking so long to acknowledge it. I thought I'd responded when I originally read it, but apparently not!

I'm rather relieved to report that my mood has been improving in fits and starts over the last week or so. Fingers crossed that trend continues!

I hope you and anyone else who might read this are doing okay, and if not, take heart, you aren't alone and there's always hope; it just takes a while to feel it once more
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

No apology necessary Uni. I'm glad to hear that your mood has been improving. Sometimes it can feel a bit like a roller coaster ride. I'm aiming for a more even keel kind of mood. My sister is coming to visit this weekend so I'm looking forward to our time together.
          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. It sounds like it will be nice for you to have some sister time. I hope you enjoy the visit. Being on an even keel can seem elusive sometimes but it's sure nice when you can do it

My good thing for today is that I actually felt okay going for lunch with a couple of ladies I know. It wasn't torturous to sit there and converse, which indicates I'm definitely feeling better, at least for the last couple of days, which bodes well
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

One of my good things, today and other days, is the simple fact that I can come onto the forum and put some of my feelings and thoughts into words without feeling I'll be judged or criticized for being who I am. Thank you!
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

My one good thing for the day is coming here and reading your one good thing for the day! I appreciate your posts Uni.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Some days it's easier than others to see the good things. We're in day two of forest fire smoke here, and it's supposed to carry on for at least another day. So the good thing is that it's not 2 and 3 weeks of the stuff, and also my home hasn't been lost like in some areas of the country.
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni. I can relate. Some days it’s harder to see the positive. We don’t have to look very far to be overwhelmed by what is ‘not so good’ in the world. It takes a lot more effort to see the good things.

We have been dealing with smoke all summer, but I still have a home and there are others that do not.

We have also been invaded by heat loving bugs, and some of them are gross!
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

One good thing in the last 24 hours is I took a little tour of a local farmers' market yesterday because I was in the area. Strangely, I didn't buy anything but enjoyed looking at the various foods and other stuff on offer.
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

A good thing today was the video call I had with a nephew and his family who live far away. Even if my computer's camera refused to work. Because at least I could see them
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I like video calls with family far away. Computer cameras can be annoying. You could have been on that call with a wild hair do. They'll never know!
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today's one good thing was a trip to the mountains. It was a great day for a hike and time to enjoy the fall colours, fresh air and catch up with my hiking buddy. We did do a turn around on one trail to give a black bear plenty of space for his or her fall feeding.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Sounds like a wonderful day out AJ! Black bears are beautiful creatures, but when you're out on a walking trail - yikes!
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.
                                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                                X