X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ
    replied
    One good thing today is being outside in one of the last days of our nice fall.

One good thing about halloween is 'taking care of' the leftover halloween treats.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    One good thing today is I got to help some friends decorate for Halloween! Including fake spider webs with creepy looking black spiders - eek!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Yes caution is always in order with wild animals. Bear spray and a satellite device for sending an SOS are essential in the backcountry, especially the mountains.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Absolutely gorgeous scenery AJ! What a great place for hiking, I'm glad you got to enjoy it.

Today's, well this weekend's good thing, is I'm off on a trip too, visiting relatives and their little baby. Have had a lovely time checking out a couple of beautiful parks

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Sounds like a wonderful day out AJ! Black bears are beautiful creatures, but when you're out on a walking trail - yikes!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Today's one good thing was a trip to the mountains. It was a great day for a hike and time to enjoy the fall colours, fresh air and catch up with my hiking buddy. We did do a turn around on one trail to give a black bear plenty of space for his or her fall feeding.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I like video calls with family far away. Computer cameras can be annoying. You could have been on that call with a wild hair do. They'll never know!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good thing today was the video call I had with a nephew and his family who live far away. Even if my computer's camera refused to work. Because at least I could see them

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    One good thing in the last 24 hours is I took a little tour of a local farmers' market yesterday because I was in the area. Strangely, I didn't buy anything but enjoyed looking at the various foods and other stuff on offer.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Hi Uni. I can relate. Some days it’s harder to see the positive. We don’t have to look very far to be overwhelmed by what is ‘not so good’ in the world. It takes a lot more effort to see the good things.

We have been dealing with smoke all summer, but I still have a home and there are others that do not.

We have also been invaded by heat loving bugs, and some of them are gross!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Some days it's easier than others to see the good things. We're in day two of forest fire smoke here, and it's supposed to carry on for at least another day. So the good thing is that it's not 2 and 3 weeks of the stuff, and also my home hasn't been lost like in some areas of the country.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    My one good thing for the day is coming here and reading your one good thing for the day! I appreciate your posts Uni.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    One of my good things, today and other days, is the simple fact that I can come onto the forum and put some of my feelings and thoughts into words without feeling I'll be judged or criticized for being who I am. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Hello AJ. It sounds like it will be nice for you to have some sister time. I hope you enjoy the visit. Being on an even keel can seem elusive sometimes but it's sure nice when you can do it

My good thing for today is that I actually felt okay going for lunch with a couple of ladies I know. It wasn't torturous to sit there and converse, which indicates I'm definitely feeling better, at least for the last couple of days, which bodes well

Leave a comment:

Working...
X