Sleeping Meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tracey

Glad to hear your Dad's surgery went well and am keeping fingers crossed for your Mon.

I hope you will able to get a case worker soon. I had one many years ago and it was very beneficial, and the way I've been feeling, I could use one well.

I hope you will be able to persuade you daughter to go for therapy. Better to do it now than in their teens. Better for you too to deal with what's going on now that many years later. Your sitution reminds me of myself and my son. We've been talking about the bad old days lately and there is some tension. So probably better to address it early on.

Being cried out ia a gut wrenching way to feel. Be gentle with yourself and here's a

Comment

Hello Tracey. Good for you telling the doc everything. I'm glad your dad is OK.

It takes a long time for a child to even start to trust a therapist, much less listen to one. So it may take time. In regards to who she likes,well that is sometimes a kid and as Leila63 has said, better now than as a teenager. I hope that things work out for you a bit better once you get your Mom's surgery out of the way. Plus both their recoveries. Take Care. paul m

Hello Atlantis. I have all those problems too and I don't work. I know your probably also touchy,grouchy, miserable and don't like to be teased. Wait a minute, that's me, sorry about that. Forget what I just said. BTW it's friday now. Take Care.paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by gtchamp View Post
        Hi guys. She is 8. She still says she doesn't like me. That I am boring and all that wonderful stuff that makes you feel good. ha ha. Oh well. She just doesn't understand.
        Hi Tracey,

Just thought I'd send you a , o.k I think you deserve another one.

People who suffer from a mood disorder can be boring, cranky, sad, irritable, extremely happy, which is just as bad as the negative mood symptoms, and as you said all that other wonderful stuff and I think your 8 year old was telling you the truth in the only way a child can express it.
        As for the she doesn't like you part, I know from personal experience I don't like me at times myself.

Maybe, just maybe she understands you more than you think, and I say this with understanding and love in my heart.

p.s. I have an 11 year old daughter too

p.s.s Try to remember that children can be brutally honest at times, and let me stress the brutally part.

Take care,

Karen
        Last edited by Atlantis; February 19, 2010, 05:48 AM.
        Take Care,
        Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
        "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Tracey, my son is 16 now and he still says I suck and I'm boring!
          I do know how you feel... I've been there! but it's a good thing you told your doc everything. now all you can do is move forward.

hang in there.......

Anne.
          Anne.

Comment

Thanks for all the hugs guys. I'm feelin the love.

Atlantis: I understand what you say about a child's brutal honesty and in therapy I have always said that I understand her and I also am old enough to realize that she really has issues with the disorder and not with me. They are two different entities. It's just that, yesterday...well, I was just down and it got to me. I think you are right in alot of ways. PS. I also have a 12 year old daughter but she is way different. Very sympathetic, understanding and compassionate.

Paul: Good advice about a child having to develop a closer relationship before devolging stuff. I had kinda forgotten that and was hoping for a quick fix but you are definatatley right.

Leila: Hmm, guess I need to give this case worker a shot eh? I'm not too thrilled so far. We'll see where it develops but you now have me thinking that it could be a good thing.

Anne: Thanks for the support!

My dad has had a set back. He will be in the hospital longer. We are going to go down as a family on Sunday. I have a dinner group coming to my house on Saturday night. Seemed like a great idea when I planned it (1.5 months ago) but right now, probably not. However, I'm not one for cancelling things so on goes the show. Good thing is that these ladies have been there for me since the beginning of my illness so they have seen me at my worse. I won't be back on until Monday.

Take care and thanks again for everything. I truly do appreciate it. It is hard to open up but nice to know that when you do, there is no criticism, just support. Thanks.
            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis View Post
              Hi Tracey,

I think your 8 year old was telling you the truth in the only way a child can express it.
              Pretty nerdy that I am quoting myself but i was worried after I re-read the above statement that I posted earlier that it sounded really harsh and i really didn't mean it in that way.

These darn e-mails, even with the emotion icons, they do not convey the tone of voice we use when saying things.

I only have support and love in that comment.

Phew, glad I said all that, I worry alot sometimes.

Take Care,
              Karen
              Last edited by Atlantis; February 20, 2010, 06:49 AM.
              Take Care,
              Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...

Comment

Hello Tracey. I know you said you wouldn't be back until monday, but in case you look. I hope everything went ok with your dinner party, I hope your dad is better and most importantly I hope that you are OK. Take Care. paul m
                Helen Keller

Comment

Hi guys. All I can say is WOW!!! I went off the birth control pill Friday morning and felt like a completely new woman by Friday night and haven't looked back. How that is possible, I don't know. I mean, I can't believe that the hormones in those pills could have effected me so much. I am completely baffled. I feel normal. My energy levels are all back and at my dinner party on Saturday night I laughed so much my cheeks hurt. That is a first in a long time. I certainly hope this lasts. I guess only time will tell. Of course, the pdoc is probably going to insists that I am rapid cycling but for now, I am just giong to enjoy the normalcy that I have.

Saw my dad yesterday. He is progressing slowing as he has developed an infection and a cold. However, it was good to see him because I don't know when I will be able to see him again.

Karen: Please don't worry about what you said. No offence was taken. I know you meant everything you said in the nicest way possible. All is good.

Take care everyone
                  Tracey

Comment

Thanks Tracey for the reasurance.

I'm glad to hear your weekend and dinner part went well

Laughter can be better for the mind than the best med, of course not the sick, gross, out of control, manic laughter, just kidding
                    but the nice normal laughter that you are talking about is wonderful!!!

Enjoy that "normal" feeling, it's a great one.
                    Take Care,
                    Karen

Comment

Hello Tracey. I'm glad everything went well. Take Care. paul m
                      Helen Keller

Comment

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better Tracey.
                        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                        for not being what they believe they should be.
                        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Don't know what the weather is like for everyone else but where I live (Southern Ontario), we had a dumping of snow yesterday so it looks like a winter wonderland out there. Very pretty. My energy levels have dropped since seeing my dad. I seem to be pretty tired but my mood is good. I was supposed to increase my meds but just haven't made it out to the store to pick up the new dose. Not sure if this is part of the roller coaster ride or not but I am just trying to go with the flow. I'm telling my mom that I'm doing GREAT since she goes in this week and I don't want her to worry about me. Honestly, there isn't anything to worry about, I'm just a bit tired.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. Have family therapy tonight and I am thinking on venturing out to the support group tonight.

Thanks for checking in on me guys. It means alot.
                          Tracey

Comment

Hello Tracey. No support from me on the snow thing, we've had it here in central Ontario since Dec 1st. I'm tired of it . Pay no attention to me, I always get grumpy in Feb.

Didn't get to the pharmcy. I once used that excuse on my wife for 3 wks, before she caught on, it was a while before I tried it again. Seriously, I know how easy it is to find a reason not to change our meds when things seem to be going not too bad, so I'm not trying to be critical.

I hope everything continues to go well with your parents, but pls remember you have an illness too. Take Care. paul m
                            Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Paul, you always seem to be my voice of reason at times. I know you are right about the meds but I am just having trouble going in public. My husband has not caught on yet. If he knew, he would NOT be happy. So everyone...shhhh. And yes, I have already started to slide. Two days of tiredness and at the end tears followed by only 4 hours of sleep last night. Which is weird considering I increased my sleeping pill. I gotta get out today but find it really hard. Hmmm, maybe if I wear a really low hat that covers my face I won't have to look anyone in the eye.
                              Tracey

Comment

PS. Family Therapy was very hard and I didn't make it out to my support group. Oh well, another week maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X