No announcement yet.

rough day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Villa. Oh so true that they lack understanding. I really liked your comparison to a truck load of blankets dumped on your head. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

just to update a bit...
      woody, you were right about the LTD not ending with my job... I called the insurance company, and as long as I can still prove I'm inapt to work, they will continue to pay me. so for that I am relieved.

I saw my tdoc today, and I guess I let out a lot of frustration about everything.
      up until a year ago, I may not have been emotionally stable, but at least I could work, be a good housekeeper and mother. then comes the diagnosis and the meds, and suddenly I find myself off work, unable to keep things in order and clean. yes, I'm still a mother. at least there's that.
      how does that work?? I thought that once diagnosed and the meds start to kick in at some point, that things were supposed to get better!
      it leaves me very frustrated with myself... what have I become?

off subject, but I've been wondering... where'd froggie go?? froggie... where ARE you?? hope you're okay.

Anne.
      Anne.

Comment

Hello Anne. You have not become anything. You have an illness, one that is chronic and difficult to treat, but you are still the same person.

Right now you may have limitations put on you by the illness and your moods may have changed, but you are still the same person.

You are a fighter and eventually you will find what works for this illness, some things will change, just as you react differently to things then when you were 16.

I know its frustrating until you get better, but you can and will get better, but no one, including the docs, can say when and that is exceedingly frustrating for anyone.

Until you get better, if you were a good person before, your still a good person now, you just have a major handicap that takes time to learn to deal with. I know it's difficult, but try to remember through all this sh*t that you are still a good person. Take Care. paul m
        Helen Keller

Comment

I find it helpful to give myself permission to fail. One year I gave myself permission not to meet anyone's expectations, including my own. Another year I gave myself permission to fail to accomplish things that I started out to do. Next year I'm placing a moratorium on being admonished. It's one of the things that's allowed here in New Normal.

Comment

Dear Anne

Glad to hear you can stay on disability. It must be a huge relief.

I'm a mother too (though he's pretty much self sufficient a 19) and I struggle to get things done around the house too.

I made an exhaustive list one time of all the things I wanted to do around the house and it was very depressing. These days I just make a list of what I think it is reasonably possible that I could do and I'm not afraid to forward something to the next day. Some days if, say, I wanted to clean the bathroom I break it down to doing the mirror, cleaning the counter, scrubbing the tub and so on. I know this might be OCD gone wild but I feel better when I get a sense of accomplishment when I can cross something off my list.

With this illness it is too easy to overwhelm ourselves with what we should be doing when, with this illness considered, we are really doing a lot.

Tale it easy on yourself and take care.

Comment

My OCD is in overdrive with renovations around the house. I hate being in a house of chaos! The cleanup is overwhelming, and we're not done yet!
              AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
              for not being what they believe they should be.
              -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Anne, good news on the LTD ... and I hope you take full advantage of it. If it takes you a day, a month, a year ... take the time to get better cause number one here is you!
                up until a year ago, I may not have been emotionally stable, but at least I could work, be a good housekeeper and mother. then comes the diagnosis...

I have had some of the same frustration Anne. I think two things come in to play. One ... I am older and my body just cannot handle the punishment that I use to give it. I used up all the energy my battery had and now it just take 4 time as long to charge my battery and it only last half as long

I was only suppose to be off work for two week .... max. I took a long time and a lot of anguish to accept that I might not be able to return to work. This is not how I was brought up.

Woody

Comment

Hello Woody. You put it pretty well in regards to the difficulties of returning to work sometimes or for that matter just trying to get through the day sometimes. . Take Care. paul m

Hello Anne. You may want to explore the following. How long your LTD will last. It used to be 2 yrs and then you had to proof that you could not work at any job. However some companies now have a fixed term, whether it be 6 mths or 2 yrs and then it ends. By cking you will not get any sudden surprises.

You should also apply for CPPD (canada pension plan disability) or in Quebec, QPPD. To collect your disability must be severe and prolonged. Prolonged is defined as being expected to last at least a year. You have to been off work 16 wks. They will backdate an application quite a ways and the minor periods that you tried to work probably would not be held against you . Even though you may go back to work in a few mths you may as well have a claim on file as they can be reactivated if approved and then cancelled. Plus it takes quite a while to get it and some companies LTD's eventually require that you apply for it. Take Care. paul m
                  Helen Keller

Comment

You're Welcome VillaStraylight! It's good to be back and reading the new posts - the computer was down for awhile and so was I - I have to remember to get onto this forum even though I don't feel like it because then it puts my own situation into perspective that I am not alone in this and might even be better off than somebody else. Oooops there goes my phone, gotta go.

Comment

Hey MerelyMe ... good to see you back

Woody

Comment

Hello Villa. I agree with your sentiments about allowing our self to fail and to forgive ourselves when we do.

Is there an immigration office for New Normal or can anyone immigrate? Take Care. paul m
                        Helen Keller

Comment

I agree with what Woody said, "take the time to get better cause number one here is you." Who hasn't needed to hear that at some point?!

Villa, I am hung up trying to get through customs on my way into New Normal. They're suspicious about all the drugs I'm carrying
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Drugs!?! I'm pretty sure that drugs of some sort or another are mandatory in New Normal. (We'll accept vitamins if absolutely necessary.) You must still be on the Old Normal side where I'm sure the customs agents can't figure out what exactly you're carrying because each drug has so many completely-different-and-not-at-all-related names.

Anyone can immigrate to New Normal. If you feel at home here, you are welcome.

Comment

Passport

I was hoping to join New Normal!
                              Anything to be free of my own expectations

Comment

I am not the mayor of New Normal, but I am moderator here and would like to wish you welcome Robbietwin
                                Woody

Comment

Working...
                                X