X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ
    replied
    That sounds like a great lawn chair visit. And the mosquitoes didn't eat you? They're out in full force here. If you cross a field, you better be running!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Thanks for the berry information AJ. At first I thought they looked liked pin cherries but apparently not. I'm no berry expert but I do enjoy a lot of them, especially straight from the plant. Blueberries are yummy but I like Saskatoons even better!

One good thing... yesterday a friend and I had a social distance lawn chair visit near a walking trail by the river. The river is at a high level right now due to heavy rains upstream. The temperature was hot but the breeze was cool and the sky was alive with changing clouds. One of them looked like a poodle. This is my life during Covid

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    It was awesome.

https://www.google.com/search?q=buff...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Bears loves them! If you see berries, bear scat or paw prints, time to find another trail, bear spray or not!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    It sounds like you had a fantastic experience AJ! I'm conjuring up pictures in my mind By the way, what exactly are buffalo berries?

The other day I went to a lovely park near here for an outdoor meetup with a friend. It was great. I forgot until it was almost time to leave that bear warnings were out for the area.!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I had a great hike. This hike I took a lot of pictures of wild flowers. The mountains and rivers were so beautiful. The buffalo berries are plentiful. Thankfully we didn’t run into any bears feasting on them.

Leave a comment:

• paul m
    replied
    Hello AJ. I hope that you got your hike in ok. Over the last few days we've been camping/and or just driving around and have been lucky enough to see a variety of baby animals. Hello Uni. I'm glad that you got a supply of toilet paper. Running short would worry me too. It would remind me too much of the good old days with an outdoor privy and an Eaton's catalog when shortages occurred. I mean where would you find a catalog these days. LOL.. Take Care. paul m

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I found a dead robin in the grass today. I'm not sure if it's the same one.

Thinking really hard here... I get to hike with a friend this weekend, weather permitting!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Thanks for reviving this thread AJ! I thought maybe people were tired of it so quit posting. Right now I think we need good news more than ever!

How is your baby robin doing? They are the sweetest little creatures! There were a couple of young robin "twins" on my balcony one day. They sat there like statues for the longest time.then flew off when the mother showed up.

In other good news (thinking hard here)... I got groceries the other day and have a decent supply of toilet paper

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I'm pretty sure at least one good thing has happened since the last post here.

Today I found a baby Robin in the grass. Her Mamma is coming to feed her, so I'm hopeful she will be okay.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    A river walk sounds nice!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good thing today... drove my car to a different part of town in order to take advantage of a walking trail along the river. Really enjoyable

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Wow Gossip, it sounds like you've had a lot to contend with! A week of feeling suicidal sounds really tough I'm so glad you're starting to get a chance at a bit of normalcy. A walk on clear sidewalks these days is a real treat -- I hope you continue to enjoy the exercise, and feel better as the days go by.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I bet you'll be doing a jig when you finish those exams Gossip. Enjoy your brisk walks.

Leave a comment:

• Gossip
    replied
    Well... I have 7 final exams before I'm finished-finished. But being done the actual class part is definitely a start!

The pharmacy error In January/February caused me to flip into a mania. Came down from that in early March into a depression, complete with a suicidal week. I'm mostly leveled out now - my moods are all over the place, but to a degree that's understandable given the situation. My husband is immunosuppressed and works in the ER in the biggest hospital in the city. But my moods and sleep have really been suffering since the gym closed and I had to go cold turkey from 5 days a week. Our place is tiny and the rooms are awkwardly shaped to the point that I'd literally have to drag the coffee table into the front yard to make any kind of usable space for a home workout. So at my appointment the other day my doc got after me a bit for it... now that the sidewalks are clear I have orders to at least go for a brisk walk every day to get some fresh air and sunshine and get me heart rate up. Okay point taken. So I did that yesterday and it was a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• paul m
    replied
    Hello Gossip. I'm happy for you finishing your school year. Take Care. paul m

Leave a comment:

Working...
X