X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ
    replied
    My one good thing today is that the sump pump decided to die while the plumber was here fixing another issue!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied

“Raise a little hell” requires cranking up the radio!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    This is one of those days when I'm having trouble coming up with a good thing.... well, how about this: I put my radio onto an 1980's and 90's channel and got some good old rock & roll. "Here for a good time, not a long time", "Another one bites the dust", and more. I'd like to hear "Raise a little hell", that song always gives me hope in some strange way

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Thanks for reminder about smiling I go for a walk almost every day. Some people smile and some not. I always wonder what sort of day they're having. I usually smile at people but if I'm having a rotten day I might not. Still, it's good to do even then if I make a point of it.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I miss the in person conversations too. Someone told me that they're all zoomed out, she said it's a thing, and I believe her! The one good thing for today is that I appreciated the ability to give and receive a smile. You can do that outdoors without breaking any Covid protocols.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today I got to be a listening ear for a troubled friend. It was a good thing for me, and also for her. As much as I love this forum, I miss the in-person mental health group I was involved in that COVID-19 shut down. So it felt kind of like "home" to converse about depression and anxiety specifically with my friend. I hadn't realized just how much I was missing that, but I was, and now my friend and I both feel a little better.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That's great that the weather allowed a visit. Covid is not quite as difficult to deal with when we can get outside and visit.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today I was able to celebrate a friend's birthday with a lawn chair visit (distanced of course, so no hugs). It was perfect weather and very enjoyable

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Hi Uni. The photo sounds very cool. I love old photos and the stories behind them.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Years ago my mom gave me a set of matching bedding. I still sometimes use the comforter. It needed to be washed but is pretty old so I wasn't sure it would hold together. Well, the good thing is it did! Yay!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today I talked to a couple of people who have some pretty heavy loads to carry right now. It gave me some perspective. I'm counting my blessings and glad to be alive. There have been many days when being alive wasn't something I considered good, so I'm glad that I'm glad. If you follow. And I'm also glad I could be a listening ear for someone.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing is that my sister was given an old (early 1900's old) photo of my grandfather and a few other people. She messaged it to me; what a treasure!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That's definitely a good and a not so good. (Unlike a sewer backup which is all around very bad!)

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today had good and not so good. The not so good was waking up to finding water all over the bathroom floor. The good was that it was an easy fix - the washing machine hose had leaked and my landlord was able to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I will celebrate this little joy with you from a cyber distance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X