• Show
Clear All

• justaposition
    replied
    One good thing today - another chance to appreciate the opportunity of life

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Warm days, clear skies, slowing down, puttering.... all sound lovely!

My good thing today is I've returned from my trip safe and sound, and caught up on my sleep. One of those trips you come home from to take a rest!

Leave a comment:

• RunningKnitter
    replied
    One good thing is a quiet Sunday for me after a very busy month, to slow down and putter at whatever I feel like puttering at! I am also enjoying hearing the birds outside.

Leave a comment:

• justaposition
    replied
    One good thing that I appreciate today was the clear skies and warm weather. I especially enjoy the ability to sit outside and bask in the sun in a peaceful environment. I am reminded that in other communities, under the same sky, they are not as fortunate to be stationary without the risk of harm/danger.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good thing is we have a new coffee shop in town and it's open Saturdays with free parking - yay! Took advantage of it for coffee with a friend today

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That is good news uni. I have my umbrella ready, ever hopeful.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    One good thing for today is that we got a big fat soaking with pouring rain - finally! The vegetation was getting thirsty. I hope the forest fires got some too.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Congrats on getting the lawn mowed AJ, rain or no rain! Also your remarks about appreciating used goods remind me of moving out of and into places as a young adult - a lot of furniture etc. traded hands!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Most things we no longer want or need can be passed on to someone who will find a purpose for them.

I remember being 20 fresh out of University with no money to speak of. Someone on the floor above the apartment I was going to rent was giving furniture away in a move out. When you're exhausted and broke you're not fussy about what the couch looks like, or how small the bed is.

My one good thing today is getting the lawn mowed before the rain didn't come. LOL

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good thing today: I got a new couch moved in. It's one my sister had and only used occasionally. She's moving and wanted rid of it. My previous one was really good quality but after 20 years it was becoming a bit saggy, although the young couple I gave it to are thrilled to have it, so that's good. So there are wins all around!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I'm glad you got to work outside without sweltering AJ

Today's good thing is microwaveable leftovers in my stuffy place. I've got the air conditioner taped up due to smoke entering, and it's been hot outside.​

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That’s a great outlook on things Uni.

My one good thing today is cooler temperatures to work outside.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I came on here just to make myself find one good thing that's happened in the last 24 hours. Sometimes I need to stop and remind myself not to take stuff for granted.

So after giving it some thought, I've come up with several things I'd pretty much overlooked because they aren't out of the ordinary.. First, although I woke up in a bit of a funk, it lessened as the day went on. Secondly, I had a good sleep last night. Third, I had a 12-step support group meeting last night that did me the world of good. All in all, that's a lot of good things to be grateful for - cool!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I'm glad you have something that helps with breathing the smoky air AJ. The smoke has returned here, but not as badly. In fact I just enjoyed a 42 minute walk, one of today's good things

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    My one good thing is an appreciation of modern medicine. Salbutamol (Ventolin) makes breathing in all this smoke much easier.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X