X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uni
    replied
    I'm glad you got to work outside without sweltering AJ

Today's good thing is microwaveable leftovers in my stuffy place. I've got the air conditioner taped up due to smoke entering, and it's been hot outside.​

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That’s a great outlook on things Uni.

My one good thing today is cooler temperatures to work outside.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I came on here just to make myself find one good thing that's happened in the last 24 hours. Sometimes I need to stop and remind myself not to take stuff for granted.

So after giving it some thought, I've come up with several things I'd pretty much overlooked because they aren't out of the ordinary.. First, although I woke up in a bit of a funk, it lessened as the day went on. Secondly, I had a good sleep last night. Third, I had a 12-step support group meeting last night that did me the world of good. All in all, that's a lot of good things to be grateful for - cool!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I'm glad you have something that helps with breathing the smoky air AJ. The smoke has returned here, but not as badly. In fact I just enjoyed a 42 minute walk, one of today's good things

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    My one good thing is an appreciation of modern medicine. Salbutamol (Ventolin) makes breathing in all this smoke much easier.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing is the forest fire smoke we've been getting has dissipated, at least for now. I can look forward to my walks again!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I like having unexpected visits with people when I’m out and about. Our local post office is the towns visiting station with neighbours.
    Covid stopped all that socializing, but people are starting to gather again.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I'm glad you got to go visit family AJ, It's good to hear you returned home safely to your own comfy bed. Travel and visits to family can tire a person out.

I got to do something different recently that as you say shifted things for the better. I went to an event involving speakers who have overcome addiction obstacles. I felt truly inspired by them, and went home feeling very fortunate to have been spared certain experiences in my life. I ran into a couple of people there I know through family and it was a nice bit of serendipity to end up sitting at the same table and visiting with them

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I haven't seen that movie Uni. Time with a friend out of the house can shift things for the better.

I've been visiting family and finally got home tonight. My one good thing is sleeping in my own bed tonight.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Well I'm sort of digging in the latest pile of newly fallen snow (April 19th and yet here we are, and it's still coming down ) looking for a good thing to post!

Maybe the fact that the white snow looks so beautiful on the pine tree outside my window. And maybe ticks are being snuffed out - yes! But in truth today's good thing was that a friend of mine picked me up and we went to a movie. It wasn't exactly an uplifting movie, as it turned out, but nevertheless entertaining, thought provoking, well acted, with beautiful Irish scenery. It's called "The Banshees of Inisherin" starring Colin Farrell. I'd almost call it a black comedy for lack of a better term, and don't recommend it if you're feeling depressed. However, I may not have gone out today at all if my friend hadn't suggested it, so for me it was a win

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I appreciate the friends that I have that I can just pick up where we left off no matter how long its been.

Leave a comment:

• Gentle D
    replied
    Yes it gives joy to always keep in touch with people, especially the ones we have met significantly in our journey of life

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing is that I sent three texts to people who haven't been on my radar much lately. I know they have busy lives but I don't want to lose touch completely, as we are supports to each other at difficult times and it's important to connect when times are good too. So far I've had a reply from one of them, and we brought each other up to speed and plan to have a chat soon. I think the other two are busy with family and Easter, but I think I'll hear back at some point. In any case, it feels good to send the connection out there!
    Last edited by uni; April 8, 2023, 11:18 PM. Reason: Pressed the wrong computer key and posted too soon!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I'm glad that didn't happen Uni.

My one good thing for the week is that when it snows it melts and I haven't had to shovel.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Good for you AJ! I hope you enjoyed the drive.

Today's good thing is that I had feared an altercation with a relative, but it didn't happen - whew!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X