X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uni
    replied
    One of my good things, today and other days, is the simple fact that I can come onto the forum and put some of my feelings and thoughts into words without feeling I'll be judged or criticized for being who I am. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Hello AJ. It sounds like it will be nice for you to have some sister time. I hope you enjoy the visit. Being on an even keel can seem elusive sometimes but it's sure nice when you can do it

My good thing for today is that I actually felt okay going for lunch with a couple of ladies I know. It wasn't torturous to sit there and converse, which indicates I'm definitely feeling better, at least for the last couple of days, which bodes well

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    No apology necessary Uni. I'm glad to hear that your mood has been improving. Sometimes it can feel a bit like a roller coaster ride. I'm aiming for a more even keel kind of mood. My sister is coming to visit this weekend so I'm looking forward to our time together.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Thanks for your reply AJ, I apologize for taking so long to acknowledge it. I thought I'd responded when I originally read it, but apparently not!

I'm rather relieved to report that my mood has been improving in fits and starts over the last week or so. Fingers crossed that trend continues!

I hope you and anyone else who might read this are doing okay, and if not, take heart, you aren't alone and there's always hope; it just takes a while to feel it once more

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Hi Uni. I’m sorry to hear that things have been difficult. The endless heat and being in pain would certainly not help
    anyone’s mood.

Good for you for picking up groceries for your friend. I’m sure they appreciated it. Doing something for someone else helps to give me a break from my own struggles, with mood or anything else in life for that matter.

I know you have a tool box you can dig into. What self care things are on the agenda for today?

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I'm glad to hear you got some rain AJ. I'm sure it's appreciated by many!

Today's good thing is that I managed to get groceries for a sick friend. My mood has been crap, I injured myself minorly a few days back, and I have minimal energy. Summer and heat don't seem to agree with me, to put it mildly. However, I knew it was a good thing all around to do the grocery run; at least I felt useful to another human being.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    My one good thing for today is celebrating Mother nature giving us a wee bit of rain.

Leave a comment:

• RunningKnitter
    replied
    Thanks for sharing Uni,

That sounds like a lovely day!

One good thing for me this week has been a good friend who has been available a lot to support me and offer advice as I am in the midst of some job hunting activities.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Thanks for sharing a good thing or two here Uni. It sounds like the kind of day I would like to be adding to my one good thing...

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    In the last 24 hours I've had a good thing or two occur despite feeling inexplicably low the last few days.

Today I took myself to visit a seasonal business, an old historic building that sells knick-knacks and serves a bit of food and drink. The weather was cool and breezy so I sat inside near a window, drank a bit of coffee and did some writing. In the course of this, a group of people came in and one of them walked over to me and said hello. It turned out to be someone I knew from a mental health group that existed years ago. So we caught up a bit, which was very nice. It was sort of inspiring to know that we've come through some tough stuff and are still in the game.

Another positive was the downpour of rain (albeit brief) that we had here a little while ago. Everything needs moisture around here, so I'm thankful. Also it cooled things down a bit, which suits me fine.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Oh what a treat to have a little sleep in. My four legged furry friend would nix that idea.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good thing is that I got to sleep late today. Sometimes my sleep is really off, and I needed extra rest.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I'm glad you weren't in the tornado area AJ! I saw videos and it looked really bad.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Today is a day for self care. One good thing to accomplish that goal is no housework or yard work.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    One good thing was that I was not in the path of the tornado that hit Alberta.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X