X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ
    replied
    My one good thing is my cat made it thru surgery (to remove an object stuck in his intestines) and he's slowly on the mend. Boy can this little guy get into a whole lot of trouble!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Hopeful_2022, how interesting that you do creative writing - have you done it for very long? My poetry isn't something I planned, I started out with creative non fiction and it morphed unexpectedly!

RunningKnitter, way to go on the speech! Are there more in your future?

On the good thing front, I'm having a run of seeing friends this week,which hasn't happened for a long time. Today I met one for coffee in a place we hadn't gone for over two years. Also I ran into another friend while out shopping. I haven't seen her since she retired, and she showed me phone pix of the artwork she does. We both agreed that creative outlets are good for the soul!
    Last edited by uni; June 22, 2022, 09:40 PM. Reason: Created an extra sentence, because creative outlets are good for the soul

Leave a comment:

• Hopeful_2022
    replied
    Hello uni,

Glad to hear that your friend doesn’t need any more treatment for the time being, that’s a relief! Hopefully they won’t need it in the future. Also, thanks for sharing about poetry! That’s super cool. I do a lot of creative writing too (not poetry though) and I know what you mean, sometimes the writing just isn’t what we want it to be, so it’s nice that it picked up!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Enjoy the flowers Uni. They always make me feel hopeful.

Congratulations on your speech RunningKnitter.

Leave a comment:

• RunningKnitter
    replied
    Thanks for sharing uni! I hope your day goes more smoothly today!

My one good thing is that I gave my first speech at my Toastmasters group last night and it went well!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    One good thing is that I'm coming here to post something good, because I've just had one of those days Anyway it looks like I may have some flowers coming up in the outdoor pots I planted not long ago, so I am pleased about that at least! Hoping for a better day tomorrow
    Last edited by uni; June 13, 2022, 08:22 PM. Reason: This day required extra emoticons

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I've been on a roll of good things lately. Most importantly, a dear friend of mine who is dealing with cancer needs no treatments for a few months at least. I was very worried and still am worried, but I do feel there's some breathing room now

More good news is that my poetry writing has picked up steam and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I have finished a few new pieces recently, which feels good

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    RunningKnitter, I hope you can contitue to avoid your son's germs!

AJ, how great to be part of some reiki training, it sound pretty nice!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Welcome John - I think a hike and barbeque sound like a great way to spend some time!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    My good thing for the day is a friend learning reiki and me being her volunteer. It was a very relaxing experience.

Leave a comment:

• RunningKnitter
    replied
    Hi John,

Welcome to the forums! That sounds like a lovely day, and food nostalgia is a wonderful feeling.

My one good thing from yesterday is so far not getting the illness my son has (it isn't covid).

Leave a comment:

• John Edward
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome AJ.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Hi John and welcome to the forums. A hike followed by a barbecue sounds like a great day.

Leave a comment:

• John Edward
    replied
    I went for a small hike yesterday with my hiking club for the first time in a couple of years. Was great to see some old faces again and it was followed by a barbeque. I had a wagon wheel for the first time in many years at the barbeque and it brought back nice memories of being a kid. Plus the weather couldn't have been better as well.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Sounds like some pretty good things going on, that's great to hear!

My good thing was a walk in the park with a friend and her little dog. We kept meeting other dog walkers, a few of which I knew, so it was an opportunity to chat while the dogs inspected one another lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X