X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ
    replied
    Good for you for reaching out Uni. You have something to look forward to!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    In the interest of getting myself to initiate more connection with those in my life, I texted a cousin of mine I haven't seen for quite a while. Whenever the covid stuff settles down we're going to get together for coffee. I'm looking forward to it!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    It's always interesting to a hear a childhood story about yourself that you haven't heard before. I have a picture of you in that story, and it's worthy of a big smile.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I enjoyed the cookies so much I'm going to make another batch, this time using red velvet cake mix. If they're too good for my own good, I have a friend with two teenagers I'm sure will eat some!

Today's good thing: I heard some interesting family stories while on a phone call with my older siblings.

One anecdote involved me as a toddler (I won't share the ones about them on the internet lol). We lived in a place with no running water, and the weather was freezing. My mom, likely preparing to wash clothes, had an aluminum tub full of ice water in the house, partially melted. . Because the surface was solid ice I decided it was a good place to sit. Of course I ended up in the drink, clothes and all! Too bad I can't remember! That, among other stories I hadn't heard before, made my day

Leave a comment:

• Mocha231
    replied
    I hope you enjoyed the cookies. Always good to try something new.

Mocha231

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Haha! I like the way you think. Today I bought groceries, including supplies for for baking. This may be a slippery slope Just getting out and going for groceries was a treat! So that's today's good thing.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Remember the rule. Covid calories don’t count. Of course that’s only true until they do. I think the exercise involved in cookie making and clean up would take into account most of those calories.

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Thank you AJ. I

Today I tried something out of character, which I hope is a good thing -- I baked cookies! I rarely bake. This could be a slippery slope as there's only me to eat them

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I'm sorry to hear that you have a sick family member Uni. A refreshing walk while staying upright is always a good thing!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Yesterday did me good. Body, mind, and spirit all got some replenishment and I feel the difference today. I actually felt like tackling some financial and utility business by phone, catching up on emails, etc. I'm going to keep an eye on body/mind/spirit a bit more these days, as I'm very worried about a sick family member, and that takes a toll even though I don't dwell on it.

I went walking today for over an hour, which was a feat considering all the ice (it was water yesterday). Temperatures just below freezing, not much wind, very refreshing. It was a good thing

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I think a flexible day with no ' have to' list is great. As a society we can be so task orientated, it's good to give ourselves a break!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    That is good news AJ! I can understand how that could help to calm your worries. My sister-in-law has had both shots, and my oldest sister just had her first, so things seem to be slowly progessing, fingers crossed.

For my personal good thing, I have decided to be kind to myself and set no particular goals today. Well, other than a bath/shower and a walk. Usually I have a loose framework of a few things to do, but today (aside from a phone appointment with my psychiatrist), I'll kick them around as and when I please. Am currently sitting with a coffee after a late lunch of eggs and toast. I think my brain is tired.
    Last edited by uni; March 9, 2021, 03:52 PM. Reason: Tired brain

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That sounds yummy Uni.

My one good thing is that my parents got their first Covid vaccine today, so I can not worry so much for them.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Yes, I think my body appreciated it

Now for today's good thing. I had an old recipe I'd been given and never used, which I made up. It's super quick and easy, involving an angel food cake mix and some crushed pineapple. Quite a nice treat!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I bet your body thought so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X