X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paul m
    replied
    Hello Uni. I'm glad that you were able to relax, at least for short while. My good news is that my sons wife delivered a healthy baby girl yesterday. Take Care paul m

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I wasn't even sure I would bother to put one up. However, my niece encouraged me to do so, if nothing else in memory of my late mother. who was always into Christmas, and my Dad, who loved the family around. So I did. It wasn't that much work; it's pre-lit and I keep the ornaments simple. I do enjoy the ambience in the evening with the house lights dimmed. Took my mind off other things for a while too!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Enjoy your Christmas tree Uni. Ours is still in the box. Maybe tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Wow, lucky you with the flowers AJ! I hope you enjoyed your birthday

A good thing here: I put up my Christmas tree tonight. It looks pretty not too bad!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I got two deliveries of flowers for my birthday on the 29th and they're still alive!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Something good today... let's see... I inspected my two houseplants today and they're wintering alright so far. The leaves are smaller than usual but there are lots of them. They're some kind of ivy that's meant for outdoors in the summer. Google tells me they may last the winter if you treat them right.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Nice surprise today - I came across a chocolate bar I didn't know I had. Haven't tried it yet; it's something called Blond.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Yes she's a true friend, and I'm lucky to have her. And in more good news, I was looking for some comfy sweat pants I'd put away. I didn't find them, but came across some I forgot I owned! It pays to dig around in the put-this-stuff-away-for-another-time storage tub. This pair even has a cool logo and everything

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That sounds like an important person in your life Uni, and his or her effort to stay in touch is great.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    That is good to hear AJ!
    My good thing is that I had a phone call last night from a friend who is away looking after a sick family member. We usually talk 2 or 3 times a week when she's home, so this was a treat.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Today's good thing: I went for a hike, and came home safe and definitely more 'sound'.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing: it's four degrees above zero!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Well that is an accomplishment. I'm not sure I would have the patience for on line grocery shopping.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    One good thing... I did up an online grocery order yesterday with 42 items on it. There were 3 they couldn't supply. I expected it to be worse, so 3 seemed like a good thing. One was toilet paper. What the heck is it with the pandemic and toilet paper anyway?! Picked up the order today and am glad it's done. Also I now have 2 different kinds of chocolate bars for treats

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Oh my, writing with the non-dominant hand -- yikes! I wish you the best of luck with everything Your situation reminds me my friend who fell onto the sidewalk and landed on her left wrist. Naturally, she's left handed. She had to do therapy, exercises etc. and it took a long time but she has recovered. She's a writer, and her right-hand scrawl improved remarkably with practice. Hopefully your recovery doesn't take too long.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X