X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ
    replied
    Well of course! You should see my left hand writing!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Oh dear! That sounds really painful, I'm glad you can get it looked at so soon. Are you right handed by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Thanks Paul. The one good thing is that the hand clinic is seeing me on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• paul m
    replied
    Two broken bones in your hand.That's a drag...I wish you speedy recoveryTake Care, paul m

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Thanks Uni. Turns out I have two broken bones in my right hand. When people ask how I did it, all I say is, "a dog and a deer".

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A Zoom birthday coffee sounds like a great idea AJ! I hope you have fun with it. Why is Zoom called Zoom? Maybe somebody did their marketing research and decided that the name would sell the product? Also "Zoom" sounds fast and our world seems to be big on anything that's fast. That's what I think anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a very hard day. Some days it's almost impossible to see even one good thing. I'm glad that you made it home without too much of the bad weather. Please be kind to yourself, you're worth it
    Last edited by uni; November 19, 2020, 08:06 PM. Reason: Lost the post and had to go back to finish it

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Ok so today was a very hard day but I was determined to find one good thing... I had to travel to the city for a doc appt., and the one good thing is that I beat the worst of the bad weather coming home.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    It's our birthday on the 29th, so my twin and I are going to have our morning coffee over zoom! I'd rather see her in person, but we do the best we can.

Does anyone know why it's called Zoom? I've wondered

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing is I had a nice Zoom meeting with a friend of mine. It was fun!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I have made a few inquiries about the mystery side of the family, but have very little to go on.

Happy shredding and don't burn the shredder motor out!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    AJ it's astounding how many people know very little about one side or another of their family. It propels some people into researching, while others want nothing to do with it. I've found with my own family there are some of us who can't get enough of the history. Others say (like my one brother-in-law) "why do want to bother with a bunch of dead people you've never met?" It's a valid question. Who knows why are any of us interested in any of our hobbies?!

A good thing today is I got into moving stuff around on some shelves, found a pile of things that needed chucking, and now my old income tax forms are in the "to be shredded" box (with a few hundred other papers). When the actual shredding will happen is anybody's guess! But we may have a long dark pandemic winter where shredding starts to look exciting
    Last edited by uni; November 14, 2020, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That would be fascinating. I know next to nothing about one side of my family.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I did some family history research today. Found an old census listing with info about a relative I never knew much about. Fascinating!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    We've got mega snow already and it just keeps coming! The good thing is my landlord used his snowblower on the sidewalk today and says he'll come back tomorrow if this keeps
    up.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    It is cold here with a very strong north wind. Even Bella did not want to go out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X