X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ
    replied
    One good thing today is that I appreciate having a snow blower to deal with our winter snowfall.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Sorry Uni I didn't mean it literally.

Good for you for chairing the Zoom!

One good thing is that I finally made it to the car wash.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    AJ were you serious about recovery from being blind, or is that just a figure of speech? I hope you're okay regardless.

Today, a good thing is that I chaired a zoom meeting for a support group I attend, and it went well.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I'm glad you're enjoying listening to your tunes Uni.

I have to admit I'm having trouble finding one good thing that feels real today, but I found one! And then another! And now I have a list! Okay maybe a tad bit of an exaggeration on my recovery from being blind to the one good thing. However my one good thing for today was, a peaceful walk on a warm, calm day.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Holy smokes AJ, back to leaves?! 50 bags full - yikes!

This week we got two extra heavy snow dumps - winter wonderland with a vengeance! I've actually enjoyed the shoveling though, because the temperature has been quite mild.

So today's good thing is I bought myself a new boom box (yes they actually still make them ) My old one gradually gave up playing cassette tapes, and then CD's, and finally the AM radio. I'm listening to the new one as I write this, and am so pleased to have AM and FM and CDs and tapes all at my fingertips! My collection isn't very big, but I do have lots that I enjoy and this way I can avoid learning how to stream stuff using bluetooth and other technology, therefore procrastinating successfully
    Last edited by uni; November 18, 2021, 10:56 PM. Reason: typed too fast, ended up with words that don't make sense

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Our snow came and went, and it was back to raking leaves here. After filling 50 Costco sized plastic bags (we reuse them), I am so over raking leaves!

On a good note, no snow makes hiking easier.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Snow, yes it is certainly beautiful to look at! We got 7 inches of the stuff the other day, the first of the season. Needless to say I've been getting exercise by shoveling, and pushing through in my high boots on a couple of walking paths. The good thing is, it's all exercise and fresh air

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Yes we got that snow! We went from raking leaves to shoveling snow the next day. Ugh. Wait, one good thing, the trees looked really pretty this AM.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Did you get that snow AJ? If so, has it stayed?

Some days it takes a lot of looking in order to find a good thing.

Like today. You know, the kind of day when your computer gets balky, you burn supper, and it looks like the car might be leaking oil. Then, for a distraction, you read the latest news - enough already! Just not a lot going on that feels particularly good.

However, after some thought I do recall having a bit of fun -- I put the finishing touches on a couple of Halloween treat bags for a special family I know. So that was a good thing. And now that I think of it, the jazz music on my radio is sounding pretty cool... so things are looking up

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I'm glad you enjoyed your time by the river Mocha231.

Snow heading our way tomorrow. It will be time for the winter hiking gear.

Leave a comment:

• Mocha231
    replied
    The weather was beautiful today. Hopefully we get a few more days of nice weather before it starts to get colder. Sitting near a river sounds lovely.

Mocha231

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing: while out walking, I ran into a former co-worker of mine. We had a nice little visit, and it left both of us smiling

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good fun thing - I put up some simple but cute halloween decorations in the yard

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That sounds like a perfect fall day activity. I managed to get another fall hike in before we switch to winter hikes, and all that winter gear.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    One good thing in the last 24 hours.... the weather has been warm, nice enough to allow a lawn chair visit with a friend, in a lovely park along the river today

Leave a comment:

Working...
X