X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ
    replied
    That sounds like a great way to spend a day Uni.

My one good thing is being rescued by a neighbour with a bobcat with a snow shovel on it. So sweet of him to dig me out of the driveway!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Good thing today -- I went to a poetry reading and out for coffee after. The poet is a farmer from our area. His stuff is relatable and down to earth, with a bit of humour added.. Very enjoyable! And getting to have coffee afterward with a super good friend I don't get to see enough - priceless

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That’s interesting that you mention lowering expectations with family. I try to focus on the best strategy for coping. It seems to keep my head from getting stuck in the what if and how comes.

Keep us posted on your tango with bureaucracy!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Indeed it has been good to gain more insight. I guess every family has its own unique dynamic. Mine seems to feed on dysfunctional interaction with a side of enmeshment, and drama for dessert.
    Anyway, I'm paying more attention to what triggers my unpleasant feelings, and my own part in family interactions.

My friendly neighbourhood psychologist informs me that about 60% of issues in a relationship never get resolved, you just learn to live with them. Hence my lowering of expectations

Aside from the good thing of educating myself about the above, I had a meeting today with a group involved in mental health and addictions where I live. I've mentioned MDSC to them but they have enough other irons in the fire. In any case, I learned a bit about patient rights and responsibilities in hospital. Next up, emails to the health ministry - eventually. After more discussion.

I'm not much on council meetings and bureaucracy, but I'll take my turn and hope it does a bit of good.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Hi Uni. It drives me crazy when I 'misplace' something.

It sounds like your appt. gave you some insight in how best to interact with family. A very useful thing to know in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Well I wrote a post a couple of days ago and have no idea where it went!

Anyway, it was to say that I had a virtual appointment with my psychologist the other day. I'm trying to improve my family relationships, because I haven't been feeling exactly great about them for quite a while now. I definitely feel more hopeful now, in part because I've decided to lower certain expectations about what my family "should" be like. So I shall carry on and hope for more progress!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I put this thread at the top just for that very reason. Thank you for starting it. Thinking of something positive that I appreciate, shifts that dreary difficult daily stuff out of immediate focus for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I want to say that I appreciate, over and over, having this thread

Regardless of how many or how few people post here, it has become a tool in my trying-to-stay-somewhat-sane toolbox.

Turning my thoughts to just one good thing that's transpired in the last 24 hours, however small that thing might seem, is a little bright spot for me. It doesn't change the rotten stuff that might be happening, but it counts.

And if someone reads any of the posts, hopefully it brings a small bit of brightness to them.too. I know it does me good to read what others have to say here.

So today's good thing is that I get to post on this thread

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That’s great Uni. Having a car is definitely handy, especially in the winter.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I'm really happy to report that my car is now fixed! Hooray!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That sounds like a great visit Uni. And to end with a hug is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Wow, that's pretty special AJ, a friend from grade school you still keep in touch with! I'm glad to hear you had a nice phone call.

My good thing today was unexpectedly running into a friend and ending up enjoying a coffee together. We shared a few frustrations about the modern world, then had a few laughs and a hug. I haven't had enough of that type of thing since "the before times" and felt cheered by it

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Hi Uni. That’s great news that the car part is here. I hope the week wait to get the work done is a quick week for you.

Todays good thing for me was a nice phone call with an old friend. We’ve know each other since grade school.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    One good thing today is the weather was gorgeous - springtime in January! (It's supposed to end in two days though) Another good thing is that my car part has arrived at the shop, now I only have to wait a week until the appointment to have it put in

A third good thing is I have a dishwasher. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a bit of gratitude for things I often take for granted. I've only had a dishwasher in my home twice in my life. And tonight while I'm running it, I appreciate that it's a very good thing!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Happy cancer free dance for your friend Uni!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X