X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uni
    replied
    Hello again analin (I saw your post on another thread) -- that husband of yours sounds like he might be a keeper!

A good thing for me today was that the grocery store was not busy at all when I went. I waited until after supper and it paid off. Except of course the part where I had to pay - for the groceries - a king's freaking ransom! Anyway they had a great sale on grapes and apples, which are two of my favourites, so all is well

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Hi Analin and welcome to the forum. That sounds like a great way to start the day.

Leave a comment:

• analin
    replied
    I had a delicious breakfast made by my husband.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That is a very unique activity Uni!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Well, I enjoyed doing something a little different today. I went to the library and delved into some microfilms of past issues of the local newspaper. Very interesting stuff! I found birth notices for when a couple of my family members were born, so I printed them up and will give them to those concerned

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That sounds like an awesome hike. Can Bella & I join you? And just behind your house!!

Leave a comment:

• Mocha231
    replied
    AJ I was just thinking about taking a hike behind my house. There is a lovely trail that has a pond and lots of wildlife along the way. Its also a great form of exercise.

Mocha 231

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    That scenery looks so beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    A friend & I went for a hike yesterday (and my dog Bella of course). What a beautiful day. (Click on picture to make bigger).

IMG_2131.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Mocha231
    replied
    Uni I love your positivity and you are right we are just trying to make the best of it. Maybe you can connect with some friends on zoom.

Mocha231

Leave a comment:

• Mocha231
    replied
    Uni I am so happy that the dentist appointment went smoothly. I wish you a quick and speedy recovery.

Mocha231

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I believe a treat such as a smoothie is on the menu for you Uni.

I get the whole family thing. Some family members are best experienced in small bursts! You are not alone in that.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I forgot to post about today's particular good thing. Well, it's sort of a backhanded one. It became clear a couple of weeks ago that I would need to have a tooth pulled. Not a happy prospect. But I took the prescribed antibiotics and today had the tooth pulled. Why is this a good thing? Because the procedure went well. Turns out the tooth was completely cracked in two. Anyway, I'm on liquids and soft foods for a bit, and get to loll around and web surf and watch movies today

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Mocha231 and AJ, I have to admit there are some family members I don't care to see too often, but for the most part I've been feeling the lack of friends and family in my immediate surroundings. I'm pretty good at spending time alone, but there is a limit!

This pandemic stuff isn't going away very soon, so I'll take my opportunities where I can (safely, of course - I do not want the &%$# virus; also I have family members who are immunocompromised and/or elderly). I guess most of us are just trying to make the best of a bad situation. Overall, my life is pretty darn good when I really take a look at it

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    commented on 's reply
    I hope you have an awesome visit Uni!
Working...
X