X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ
    replied
    Hi Uni. I'm glad you got out. Does your car insurance pay for a loaner/rental?

My one good thing for today is getting the litter box cleaned out.

I prefer picking up my dog's business.

I had a nice visit with family out of province. Flight delays were better then cancellations! Honestly they need cots in the airport, never mind luggage carts. I talked to several people who spent the night in the airport. I'm grateful I didn't have to do that.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Well, no word on the car part yet, but on the up side one of my sisters took pity on me today and picked me up. I bribed her by saying I'd buy her a coffee and maybe a treat, and it worked But in truth I know all I had to do was ask and she'd help me out. At least until the next time she gets a bee in her bonnet. Sisters, you gotta love 'em

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Hi Uni. You guys are having some pretty nasty weather in some places. Good for you for making that extra effort. It’s crazy how long it can take for car parts.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing is I found this post I wrote from another day, which somehow didn't get posted...
    "Today's good thing is a friend picked me up in her warm car and took me out for coffee My own car is waiting for a part, which is supposed to arrive sometime in January. I can drive it but not in very cold weather, and right now we have very cold weather. I'm so thankful for friends like her!"

I remain very thankful for her, but she's not in town at the moment and I'm stuck at home with new snowfall and drifting, and still no part for my car. Anyone else I know is snowbound too or else out of town. We have a bus service but it's not too helpful at my location. So I'm looking around for a good thing and have decided on a nice warm bath with an escapist book to read. Also thankful I have a working furnace and running water, which some people in other parts of the country are without since the bad storms.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    That's good to know AJ

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Hi Uni! I’m always lurking my friend.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good thing tonight is that I can come on here and post any old time! Even if it's just to say "Hi! I know you're out there somewhere!" to my forum friends

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Happy dance!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good thing today was the temperature went up to minus seven -- yay!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Nice Uni. I bet it will be a special gift.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    One good thing today was that I mailed off a special Christmas gift to a special couple I know

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    AJ, I'm glad you got to have a video chat with your sister. And over coffee, yet

Mocha231 that is so nice, surprising your daughter with breakfast! It does feel good to do something for another person.

My good thing today also involved feeding another person. I got to buy a healthy meal for friend who was run ragged today and missed lunch.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    That's a nice surprise Mocha231. Your good thing is doing something nice for someone else. Good for you.

Leave a comment:

• Mocha231
    replied
    One good thing for me today was to surprise my daughter with breakfast before she went to work.

Mocha231

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    My one good thing for the day was doing a video chat with my sister over a coffee.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X