MDSC would like to thank Lundbeck Canada Inc. for an unrestricted educational grant which made it possible for MDSC to develop this resource booklet.
Workplace Mental Health
Living with mental illness means not only making the effort to manage it personally, but finding ways to cope with how it can affect those who are in our lives. Some do not find the support they seek in the workplace and in certain cases, may even stop working due to the impact of stigma.
This Workplace section aims to provide both employees and employers with the information and guidance they need to promote and support positive Mental Health in the Workplace.
In addition to the information below, you are invited to join our members only Mental Health in the Workplace Facebook Group, where we regularly post on current topics for discussion.
- Section 1: Health and Wellness in the Workplace
- Section 2: Developing a Workplace Policy
- Section 3: Roles & Responsibilities in Developing a Workplace Policy
- Section 4: Identifying Problem Areas
- Section 5: Workplace Stress
- Section 6: The Workplace Stress Audit
- Section 7: Maintaining Work Life Balance
- Section 8: Promoting Wellness in the Workplace
Work With Us
MDSC proudly offers Work With Us, a free workplace-based program that supports Canadians living with depression and/or arthritis by giving them the tools they need to actively self-manage, lead healthier lives and fully engage in work. This bilingual program is available across Canada and targets both employees living with depression and/or arthritis, employers and their colleagues. By the end of the 1 hour presentation, participants will:
- Understand and know how to identify signs and symptoms;
- Learn about the connection between mental and physical health;
- Realize the unique health impacts in workplaces across Canada;
- Be introduced to online resources and tools to help someone you know;
- Listen to someone who has experienced depression first hand and hear about their path to recovery;
- Learn how to create a supportive and inclusive workplace policy and/or action plan.
For more information or to request a presentation for your workplace, visit us here.