I am very happy to announce that the University of New Brunswick has partnered with us on our Elephant in the Room Anti-Stigma Campaign, raising awareness about mental health at the school. Too often, people [...]
I am very happy to announce that Lakefield College has partnered with us on our Elephant in the Room Anti-Stigma Campaign, raising awareness about mental health at the school. Too often, people are afraid of [...]
Phil Upshall MDSC National Executive Director is very happy to announce that Wilkens Health and Safety Solutions has partnered with us on our Elephant in the Room Anti-Stigma Campaign, raising awareness about mental health in [...]
Posters for Download
MDSC Mental Health Awards
About the Campaign
Elephant in the Room is a national anti-stigma campaign designed to address the stigma associated with mental Illness.
When you display your blue elephant, you show that you care about the wellness of others and demonstrate that this is a safe place to talk about mental illness, without fear of being viewed differently.
When you see our little blue elephant, you know it's a safe place to speak about any mental health issues you or your family may be having. You will be treated with respect and dignity and you will find the support and understanding from a friend who cares.
Follow us on Twitter: @MDSC_Elephant
The Anti-Stigma Posters
The Anti-Stigma Posters MDSC strives to assist organizations in raising awareness and reducing stigma. One of the best methods of reducing stigma is by displaying posters that provide key activities that we can all do to promote healthier environments.
Download and print these posters for display. These are all free of charge and we encourage you to use them.
We can also develop larger posters for your business, school or for any other requirement you may have. We can add your logo to the file and email you the posters for printing. Please contact us directly for this service.
Stigma can seem invisible but its effects are not. People with mental illness say that stigma can be worse than the illness itself. Taking action against stigma begins with you and your own recovery. The small blue elephant is a powerful symbol. People place it on their desk at work or carry it in their car. They put it anywhere they want to signal a stigma free zone where you can talk about mental illness.
In order to get your own elephant in the room, go to CanadaHelps and dedicate your donation to fighting stigma. Be sure to fill in your name and address.
Learn more about the organizations that have launched Elephant in the Room Anti-Stigma Campaigns at their organizations. More...
Schools and Boards:
- Bishop's University
- Brock University
- Brock University – OSSTF
- Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario (50 schools)
- Conseil scolaire catholique du Nouvel-Ontario
- Conseil scolaire public Grand Nord de l'Ontario (CSPGNO)
- Dalhousie University
- Hillfield Strathallen College
- Keyano College
- King's University
- Lakefield College
- McMaster University (COPE)
- Memorial University
- Mount Allison University
- Queen's University
- Rainbow Schools
- Red River College
- Rocky Lake Junior High School
- Sisler Highschool
- Stephen Lewis Secondary School
- St Francis Xavier University Student`s Union
- St Lawrence College
- Trent Central Student Association at Trent University
- University of Alberta
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Moncton
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Vineland Pubic School
- Waterloo Catholic District School Board
- Western University
Organizations and Corporations:
- ATB Financial
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Canada
- Central Saanich Police -Education Department
- Covenant Health
- Discovery Ranch
- Edge Imaging
- Grand River Hospital
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- InTouch Mobile Canada
- Ipsos Canada
- McNeil Consumer Healthcare
- Mental Health Support Network South East Ontario
- Ministry of the Attorney General
- Northern Ontario Suicide Prevention Network
- Ontario Hospital Association
- Office of the Independent Police Review Director
- Pan Am Games - Integrated Security Group
- Peterborough County – City Health Unit
- Praxis Care (1,500 sites in Ireland and the U.K)
- Regional Municipality of Durham
- Saugeen First Nation
- Save our Minds
- Stewart McKelvey
- Sudbury District Health Unit
- Support Works Calgary
- Timiskaming Mental Health Unit
- Toronto Police Service (TPS)
- United County of Leeds and Grenville
- United Steelworkers Sudbury
- United Way Oakville
- Veterans Affairs Canada
- Wilkens Health & Safety Solutions
Thank you for helping to raise awareness and educate others to reduce stigma.